Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to hide selected edges when 'capturing an image'

Ability to hide selected edges when 'capturing an image'

Hi there,

I like Fusion 360's ability to capture an image while the 'Shaded with visible edges only' Visulisation Style is selected. But I'd like it even more if I could make a captured image that is more appropriate for a diagram; this would mean that I'd like to hide some of the edges that arn't neccessary for the message I'm trying to convey. For example the 'edge' that shows up when you create a solid using a 360 degree 'Revolve' -> it will create a solid with an edge 0 degrees. (If there is a way anyone knows how to remove such an edge then I'd really appreciate your help!)

Idea: I was thinking it would be great when one or more edges are selected, to have a right-click option to hide selected edges next time you decide to 'Capture Image...'.

Cheers!

4 Comments
kellings
Advisor

I was just having a conversation about this with an Autodesk employee at AU this year. Pro/E does a worse job of this. SolidWorks seems to do pretty well with this.

Sometimes these lines aren't even symmetric. So on side the line shows up, but on the other side of the feature, the line doesn't show up. And yes, it makes it a pain for doing screen shots where you would like to show edges.

colin.smith
Alumni

Hi Stuart and Kellings, Do either of you have any examples of the look you are trying to achieve?  

Thanks

Colin

colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: 実装済み

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report