Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Drawing & Ref. Design in Datapanel, create correct reference.

Copy Drawing & Ref. Design in Datapanel, create correct reference.

Try something, Take a Design and a Drawing that references it and copy them in the project. Note that design changes do not progress to the copied drawing because the copied drawing keeps the reference to the original design, not the copied one.

Please fix this ASAP with the death of Branch Merge Preview. I exclusively used the Branch Merge because of this benefit.

Imagine having to make new drawings for all of these branches! when all that differs between them is parametric sizes.

branch merge.png

Please, I implore you to try this out and let me know if it is only an issue on my machine.

Please give Kudos if you care about this workflow and noticed this issue.

Kind Regards,

Matt

4 Comments
Mike.Grau
Alumni

Hey Matt,

Thank you for the great feedback.

Let´s raise more attention about your post.

I think it would be beneficial to change the reference of a copied drawing.

Thanks,

mikel_martin
Autodesk
Question, if we copy a model and it copied the related drawings. What would you want to happen if there drawing was referencing a previous version of the model. Would you want the drawing to be copied and reference the new model?
TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update on this? Working with branched designs within a master-model workflow would benefit greatly from being able to create separate design files with their respective drawings. With complex drawings for manufacturing re-drawing the whole thing can be very time consuming and also creates risk of introducing error.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report