Freewheel

tilehaus
Message 1 of 2 (623 Views)

Using viables in the iframe

623 Views, 1 Replies
05-09-2010 10:10 AM

I am trying to pass a variable to the Freewheel iframe in order to select the section displayed in a dwfx file with multiple sections.

I have created a .php file with navigation links as follows:

<ul>
<li><a href="3D_DEV.php?selection=1">section a</a></li>
<li><a href="3D_DEV.php?selection=2">section b</a></li>
<li><a href="3D_DEV.php?selection=3">section c</a></li>
<li><a href="3D_DEV.php?selection=4">section d</a></li>
</ul>

I set the variable 'selection' as follows:

<?php
$selection = $GET['selection'];
echo $selection;
?>

The iframe looks like this:

<iframe scrolling="No" width="600" height="400" src="http://freewheel.autodesk.com/dwf.aspx?path=http://www.mywebsite.com/CAD/16PS.dwfx&sec=<%selection%>"> </iframe>

When I include this variable in the iframe it seems to ignore the path and displays the default image, but when I replace the variable with a number it works fine. The echo command shows that the variable is being set properly. What am I doing wrong? Can you offer a better way to do this?

Keith
Board Manager
scott.sheppard
Message 2 of 2 (623 Views)

Re: Using viables in the iframe

05-25-2010 01:36 PM in reply to: tilehaus
I checked with one of our developers, John Schmier, and he told me that unfortunately we do not support this. This is something that we can consider in a future update.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.