FMDesktop (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When WIll FMD be Compatible with AutoCAD 2009?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
andym_1
5040 Views, 9 Replies

When WIll FMD be Compatible with AutoCAD 2009?

When will there be a new release of FMD that is compatible with AutoCAD 2009? A previous post mentioned that it might be out this summer.
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: andym_1

I heard from my vendor is that it has been shipping since the end of July. I haven't seen it yet.
Message 3 of 10
mark.evans

The 2009 versions of the FMDesktop products were released in July. Unfortunately, the Autodesk Business Center had a problem when migrating existing FMDesktop customer information to a new internal application that is used to ship new releases to existing subscription customers. They have been working to repair the information and should be able to ship 2009 versions to subscription customers "soon." Unfortunately, that's the best prediction I have been able to get from them.

Mark Evans
Autodesk

Mark Evans
Senior Product Manager
AEC Division, Simulation Product Line
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 10
Karen7894

Are there any updates to this information? It's been 2 months since you said it would be shipping "soon". We are on subscription and have not received an upgrade to FMDesktop yet. Thanks.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

I believe Autodesk should prorate future subscription pricing based on the fact that many users have AutoCAD 2009 they can not install due to incompatibility with FM Desktop. I was happy working with Applied Spatial Technologies. Since Autodesk bought the program I'm feeling like a mushroom.

I'm researching the market for a new CAFM solution...
Message 6 of 10
Karen7894

I agree with you 100%!
Message 7 of 10
mark.evans

Unfortunately, all I can do is pass along the information that I get from the Autodesk Business Center and the other back-office staff that I contact. There has been progress in fixing the SKU configurations and testing them for Facility Manager. I believe they are now implementing the corrected methods for all of the FMDesktop products. And I think there is yet some data cleanup to do. I am unable to get them to set a date and perform to it.

Your reseller has had FMDesktop 2009 products available to them for download since the first of July. They can install 2009 versions before you receive the media from Autodesk.

Mark Evans
Senior Product Manager
AEC Division, Simulation Product Line
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 10
JOEFISHER3446

Received the update via an FTP site thru my provider. Installed 2 weeks ago. (Held off on AutoCAD til I had the FM update as well.) Running well except for a bug with publishing.
Message 9 of 10
bstillion

What is the "bug in publishing"?

I can't publish to the file server. It tells me I don't have
read and write permissions when I do.

Thanks.
Bstillion
Message 10 of 10
JOEFISHER3446

Getting a long error report when I select the dbase for the Publisher to use. (SQL version) so no publishing for the last month.

Also having problem with the Facility reports. They preview fine but get corrupted when printed, even if I try filters. Ther same floor plan is repeated on every floor, though the descriptions are correct.

Trying to get our techies to talk to AutoDesk's techies to resolve. It's way over my head.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report