cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11
jar92380
523 Views, 10 Replies

Reports

Is it possible to create a custom report? Right now we have occupants and equipment, but I want to know if there is any way to show Occupants and Computer Model Number in the same report?

Thanks
James
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
mark.evans
in reply to: jar92380

If you can use Microsoft Access to write reports, you can do this. You'll need a bit of help to know where to install the report, and maybe a bit of help to identify the fields. I'll see if I can prompt someone to give you the answers here.

Mark Evans
Autodesk

Mark Evans
Senior Product Manager
AEC Division, Simulation Product Line
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 11
pajamabob

You can create new reports using MS Access. For the type of report you describe in your posting you will need to create a main report that lists each occupant and a sub-report that lists the equipment assigned to that occupant.

To point you in the right direction, use the fields in “blackcap” to relate occupant records to equipment records.

Hope this helps…
Message 4 of 11
jar92380

Does anyone know which table has the Equipment list? I just can not seem to find it through the relationships
Message 5 of 11
pajamabob

the equipment items are held in tblAsset. The Parent field for an equipment record lets you know what room an item is in.
Message 6 of 11
jar92380

okay, that helped out pajambob. Do you know the easiest way to link a office to a person and equipment easily?
Message 7 of 11
jar92380

Okay we finally got a custom query setup. Now how can I add the query so I can create a report within FM?
Message 8 of 11
pajamabob

Use the Occupant form in Facility Manager. There is an equipment tab that will allow you to assign equipment to a person. For assigning people to spaces, you can use either the Occupants form or the Drawing form (this is my preference).

Hope this helps.
Message 9 of 11
pajamabob

This takes some knowledge of MS Access. You will need to refer to your MS Access documentation for how to create reports. You can open Facility Manager in a "pure" MS Access environment by holding down the shift key as you open Facility Manager.

Caution: Be sure to make a copy of the Facility Manager application (Facility Manager 7.mdb) before doing any customization. You will thank me latter if you make any mistakes... 🙂
Message 10 of 11
mark.evans

And remember that your custom query will not be maintained when you upgrade to a newer version of FMDesktop or if there is a hotfix that replaces the .mdb file. So you'll also want to make sure that you have a separate copy of your customizations in order to recreate them in a new version later.

Mark Evans

Mark Evans
Senior Product Manager
AEC Division, Simulation Product Line
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 11
Allerian

Sound advice. We recommend that FMD users create a folder called "Newest MDE" to store their latest customized FMD file. Makes reinstalls a snap.

-Robert
FM Desktop User's Group
http://www.fmdugi.org

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report