Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible alternatives to FM Desktop and Archibus

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
jawisa
6994 Views, 9 Replies

Possible alternatives to FM Desktop and Archibus

We are looking to upgrade our existing FM software to an enterprize wide software package for facilities across the country. Can anyone recommend a pakage that would be comparable to FM Desktop and Archibus as these are the ones we are familiar with. Our current software is Archibus Facilitor which is limited on square footage. We have looked at the full blown Archibus package but the cost is more than we can presently afford. Can anyone here provide some information on what our other options are as we like the FM Desktop solution but it currently is in limbo and unavailable? Please let me know. Thanks for any help you can provide.
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
jon_in_texas
in reply to: jawisa

has anyone got any experience with

http://www.johnsoncontrols.com/publish/us/en/products/building_efficiency/technical_building/facilitiesmgmt.html

?????? Edited by: jon_in_texas on May 19, 2009 2:35 PM
Message 3 of 10
JLuby

We've looked a number of alternate solutions for our customers to replace FMDesktop. Price can certainly vary greatly as can features. For some customers, we've found that really only a custom solution (using something like MapGuide) will be the only real choice. For others, we've investigated quite a few:

FM Systems
Archibus
Famis
Centerstone
Cadapult
FaciliCAD

I won't bother splitting hairs up here for these, but contact me with your contact information and I'll gladly let you know what we've found out:

j luby at raptsoft dot com

Jon
http://www.raptsoft.com
Message 4 of 10
AyoAllCAD

Only recently affordable hosted alternatives for using ARCHIBUS have become available.

You can contact me on ayoaderele@allcadconsult.com for more information
Message 5 of 10
jclarkTRIRIGA

Please consider TRIRIGA as your alternative to ARCHIBUS.

TRIRIGA Facilities is the acknowledged leader in facility management software, and has been awarded consistent leadership rankings by industry analysts.

TRIRIGA Facilities centralizes and automates critical facility management processes to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency in response to changes in the workplace. TRIRIGA Facilities provides integrated space management, move management and reservation management to improve the utilization of an organization's workplace and to reduce operating costs.

Visit TRIRIGA's website to view product information, customer case studies and learn how others have benefited from the use of TRIRIGA.

John Clark
http://ww.tririga.com
Message 6 of 10
Karen7894

FM Systems came in a close 2nd to FMDesktop several years ago when we were evaluating which software application to buy. I don't know how it's changed since then, but I think it's worth checking into.
Message 7 of 10
peacor23

We implement and support multiple products and find FM:Systems to be a good alternative to FM Desktop. Key features are comparible to the other products mentioned in the thread, but we find FM:Systems to be a very user friendly, flexible, and scalable product - all key componenets in making your implementation successful. There are various licensing options available that make it cost effective as well. As a web-based solution that can be implemented within your technology environment (intranet) or as a hosted (SaaS) model, it certainly accomodates your need for an enterise wide solution also.

I would recommend taking a look at their offerings. I think you will find them to be a good fit.

I'd be happy to discuss things further with you if you prefer. Just give me a call.

Rich
http://www.fminnovations.com
Message 8 of 10
tamgil

We made the switch from Aperture to faciliCAD a few years back. The product works very well and seamlessly with AutoCAD. It contains all the features you'd expect from a top of the line FM software with two great benefits: 1) fairly inexpensive & 2) "learning curve" is small since product is based on AutoCAD commands/menus most folks in this business are already familiar with.

I would also add that the customer service available is exceptional!! Edited by: tamgil on Sep 25, 2009 5:18 PM
Message 9 of 10
jbkidman

We are purchasing CAFM Explorer they are a Microsoft GOLD partner and an AutoDESK partner. The software offers everything you ever want in FM and at a good price. We found the pre sales support something else and references suggest its the same post support. They sell and support everywhere in the world we heard about them from Texas DOT
John Kidman
Facility Manager
Message 10 of 10
BobbyW

You could always have a look at Tabs FM. They have a pretty comprehensive package covering web and pocket pc systems, at a reasonable cost. http://www.tabsfm.com

I hope this helps

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report