Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

numbering spaces...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sherrick
555 Views, 3 Replies

numbering spaces...

If I need to renumber a whole floorplan of spaces, what is the best way to do that? I know how to reassign a few spaces, but I have around 50-60 spaces on this floorplan and I want a new naming convention altogether.

Any help is much appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: sherrick

If you want to maintain the existing 'data' on / in a space then the rename for each space is best way to go. If you can get rid of the data and start over then the Delete Record option will allow you to do just that, Delete the records and start over. There are ways to adjust the room number from the back end - HOWEVER - this is not supported and because of hidden links between tables and it will be very easy to break the links of data. Working in the 'backend' should only be done after backing up the data and with proper schema knowledge.
Message 3 of 4
sherrick

I believe I understand what you are saying. I have to do this for each space one-by-one? Is there a way to renumber a whole drawing at once? That is, I have on the order of 80 or so spaces for each drawing. Do I have to do it one-by-one?
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

If you have Data currently in FMDesktop and want to keep that data connected from the 'old' space number to the 'new' space number - then the one by one method is the best.

If you can 'start' over, open the drawing in AutoCAD, do a group edit, delete all the records (you will lose all data on the space, equipment, occupant, etc...) then renumber the spaces and use the Convert to Spaces command to relink the spaces to the DB. Then Update your plans (Plan Views).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report