cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
3263 Views, 3 Replies

no labels

This is probably a dumb user error... lately when I update my polyline drawing in FL, the plan in FM comes in without labels. How do I get my labels back? I thought this is all doable within FM without having to go back to ACAD. However, when using FL and updating the plan I see the labels being generated during the publishing process. Also, plans I haven't updated recently are fine.

FMD 7.1 on ACAD 2008
WIN XP SP2
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JLuby
in reply to: Anonymous

With 7.1 or 2009, the labels in Facility Manager are controlled from within Facility Manager (i.e. not published from Facility Link). So, the first place I would look is at the labels in Facility Manager. You might need to recreate the label style.

In older versions of FMDesktop, you would publish the labels from AutoCAD, but not in the newer versions. The labels from AutoCAD are actually stripped from the publish. So, if you have no label style set in Facility Manager, you won't see any labels.

There are a few tricks to publish labels from AutoCAD (like copying the label to a new layer and publishing that layer) if that is really what you'd like to do.

Jon
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Jon,

In FM, I tried changing the style i.e. the size and color. Nothing happens after I hit okay. Still no labels. Should the ACAD FL label layer come over in the published plan?
Message 4 of 4
JLuby

If you'd like, I can do a web session with you quickly to take a look. Send me your contact info at jluby AT raptsoft DOT COM.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report