Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FMDesktop SQL Database

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Daggarjon
429 Views, 1 Reply

FMDesktop SQL Database

My company is looking at using FMDesktop to help manage the assets for our 2.x million square foot complex. Currently we use Maximo for our CMMS functions. The version we are using uses SQL 2000 (i believe). I know its SQL based, and i am told by FMDesktop reps that FMDesktop WILL work with maximo.

Its not that i dont believe them, but becuase of the cost and time involved in setting the whole system up - we are looking for some kind of assurance.

Does anyone out there use FMDesktop either 7.0 or later that also uses Maximo for their CMMS functions? If so, please respond and let me know how well it worked, or if it went the other way.

We are very intestd in FMDesktop and its capabilities, but if it does not work flawlessly with Maximo, it would certainly be a deal killer.

Thanks for any responses!!!
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mark.evans
in reply to: Daggarjon

Are you asking if FMDesktop integrates (shares data or functionality) with Maximo? Or are you asking if they can run side-by-side using the same SQL Server 2000 instance?

There is no "out-of-the-box" integration between Maximo and FMDesktop.

The SQL Server editions of FMDesktop applications are tested on SQL Server 2000. There should be no issues with FMDesktop sharing a SQL Server 2000 instance if your IT staff can establish proper security and administration settings without conflict. However, our testing does not include running side-by-side with other applications.

Mark Evans
Autodesk

Mark Evans
Senior Product Manager
AEC Division, Simulation Product Line
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report