Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FMD 7.1 vs, 6.5 Output quality

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
486 Views, 2 Replies

FMD 7.1 vs, 6.5 Output quality

Since "upgrading", I am reluctantly putting up with a much much slower FMD. However, the print quality is terrible in FMD 7.1 and I'm hoping it is something I'm doing wrong. If this is the best FMD can do, I need to find a better product or downgrade to FMD 6.5 (and lose a bunch of revisions).

The jpg attached shows the same office derived from the Space Assignment by Cost Center Report printed to PDF. The beauty of this report was that I could send the whole report to someone and they could zoom in and view the area they need.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Andido,

You are correct, the quality of some of the reports is pretty poor compared to the 6.5 quality. Labels are especially hard hit. In 6.5, the labels were generated in Facility Link (vector based drawing files). In 7.1, they are image files.

The best we've been able to do is go into a table called tbl_systemsettings. In that table, there is an output format and print quality. The best output format we've found is to use PNG. Irfanview is a free PNG viewer that does a really nice job ... search for it on download.com or tucows.

The best print quality setting that I've seen is to use 2.5 (if your system can do it). Those reports look pretty good on that output.

The tbl_systemsettings is in the PROGRAM .mdb file (Facility Manager 7.mdb in the program files directory). So, if you have multiple systems, you'll need to update that on each system.

Hope that helps,

Jon Luby
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thank you Jon. Someone else advised this too. I agree...a png at 2.5 is a little better. I wasn't able to get output at a setting higher than 2.5.

BTW, I'm finding your AutoDesk University materials to be very helpful.Thanks for writing them.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report