Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Legend in FM Link

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mclayton
3373 Views, 3 Replies

Custom Legend in FM Link

How do I generate a legend for my sub divisions. All I see is Cost Center, I need to break it down more.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
skomisarek
in reply to: mclayton

Facility Link can only show one set of hatches at a time, Cost Centers are default but Sub-Divisions or Divisions can be selected from the System Settings icon or the menu drop down - FMDesktop | Facility Link | Utilities | System Settings or by typing FLSETTINGS in the command line. In the System Settings Dialog box can the Hatch Mode to Sub-Divisions and the drawing will re hatch to Sub-Division level. This hatch mode will stay selected until it is changed back to Cost Center or to Divisions.

Stephen M Komisarek
Technical Consultant
AEC-AC
Message 3 of 5
mclayton

Thank you. I actually already figured that bit out. I'm trying to generate a Subdivision Legend. When to click on the 'Legend Styles' icon, the only option is for Cost Centers. Is there a way to generate a Legend for Subdivisions? Please see attached image.
Message 4 of 5
skomisarek

Legends are created based on the System Settings. Also as you may know Legends are static, so just changing to the Sub-Division will not update the existing legend to Sub-divisions. It would need to be deleted or placed on a layer which is turned off / frozen and a new legend created. In the legend form the item text check box always says Cost Center, but it will display which ever hatch style is selected in the system settings. I will let ADSK know that the name should be updated to which ever hatch style is selected. I have attached a screen shot showing a old Cost Center legend and the Hatch / Legend for Sub-Divisions is displayed below / on the floor plan.

Stephen Komisarek
Technical Consultant
AEC-AC
Message 5 of 5
mclayton

Fantastic! Got It! Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report