FMDesktop

Contributor
mclayton
Message 1 of 5 (2,232 Views)

Custom Legend in FM Link

2232 Views, 4 Replies
01-14-2009 12:27 PM
How do I generate a legend for my sub divisions. All I see is Cost Center, I need to break it down more.
skomisarek
Message 2 of 5 (2,232 Views)

Re: Custom Legend in FM Link

01-14-2009 02:15 PM in reply to: mclayton
Facility Link can only show one set of hatches at a time, Cost Centers are default but Sub-Divisions or Divisions can be selected from the System Settings icon or the menu drop down - FMDesktop | Facility Link | Utilities | System Settings or by typing FLSETTINGS in the command line. In the System Settings Dialog box can the Hatch Mode to Sub-Divisions and the drawing will re hatch to Sub-Division level. This hatch mode will stay selected until it is changed back to Cost Center or to Divisions.

Stephen M Komisarek
Technical Consultant
AEC-AC
Contributor
mclayton
Message 3 of 5 (2,232 Views)

01-15-2009 05:30 AM in reply to: mclayton
Thank you. I actually already figured that bit out. I'm trying to generate a Subdivision Legend. When to click on the 'Legend Styles' icon, the only option is for Cost Centers. Is there a way to generate a Legend for Subdivisions? Please see attached image.
skomisarek
Message 4 of 5 (2,232 Views)

01-15-2009 05:59 AM in reply to: mclayton
Legends are created based on the System Settings. Also as you may know Legends are static, so just changing to the Sub-Division will not update the existing legend to Sub-divisions. It would need to be deleted or placed on a layer which is turned off / frozen and a new legend created. In the legend form the item text check box always says Cost Center, but it will display which ever hatch style is selected in the system settings. I will let ADSK know that the name should be updated to which ever hatch style is selected. I have attached a screen shot showing a old Cost Center legend and the Hatch / Legend for Sub-Divisions is displayed below / on the floor plan.

Stephen Komisarek
Technical Consultant
AEC-AC
Contributor
mclayton
Message 5 of 5 (2,232 Views)

01-15-2009 06:25 AM in reply to: mclayton
Fantastic! Got It! Thank you!
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.