FMDesktop

*Clyne Curtis
Message 11 of 13 (133 Views)

Re: cubicles

02-16-2007 06:26 AM in reply to: *JKemble
Here is a document that might assis you.

Clyne

wrote in message news:5488531@discussion.autodesk.com...
That's great information...

Can you recommend any articles or white papers that outline the process and
properties of Revit rooms?
*Wanderer
Message 12 of 13 (133 Views)

02-16-2007 06:39 AM in reply to: *JKemble
You... are awesome. Thanks for sharing this!!! :-)

Melanie Perry
***not all who wander are lost***
http://mistressofthedorkness.blogspot.com/2007/02/news-about-autodesk-2008-products.html

Clyne Curtis wrote:
> Here is a document that might assis you.
>
> Clyne
>
> wrote in message news:5488531@discussion.autodesk.com...
> That's great information...
>
> Can you recommend any articles or white papers that outline the process and
> properties of Revit rooms?
Contributor
josrios
Message 13 of 13 (133 Views)

04-02-2007 07:54 AM in reply to: *JKemble
There is a good reason to have a room for each space type. For location , you need to classify each room. A room can be a cubicle, other room might be a corridor. Then you will have the lounge room and so on. That space data then can be manipulated with a report that will charge each group with the common areas they share by allocation. I'm not a revit user, but the approach is general. If you want to have group allocations you need to distribute the common areas and you achieve that by creating a room for each space you have in the floor level. Remember that then you can use that same data for other reports like occupancy density, or to budget a carpet replacement,, the more you have the better the data you'll get. But also its is harder to keep accurate. Just analyze what you need. I would like to see an article talking about Revit use for space management. I really need it!
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!