FMDesktop

*Clyne Curtis
Message 11 of 13 (134 Views)

Re: cubicles

02-16-2007 06:26 AM in reply to: *JKemble
Here is a document that might assis you.

Clyne

wrote in message news:5488531@discussion.autodesk.com...
That's great information...

Can you recommend any articles or white papers that outline the process and
properties of Revit rooms?
*Wanderer
Message 12 of 13 (134 Views)

02-16-2007 06:39 AM in reply to: *JKemble
You... are awesome. Thanks for sharing this!!! :-)

Melanie Perry
***not all who wander are lost***
http://mistressofthedorkness.blogspot.com/2007/02/news-about-autodesk-2008-products.html

Clyne Curtis wrote:
> Here is a document that might assis you.
>
> Clyne
>
> wrote in message news:5488531@discussion.autodesk.com...
> That's great information...
>
> Can you recommend any articles or white papers that outline the process and
> properties of Revit rooms?
Contributor
josrios
Message 13 of 13 (134 Views)

04-02-2007 07:54 AM in reply to: *JKemble
There is a good reason to have a room for each space type. For location , you need to classify each room. A room can be a cubicle, other room might be a corridor. Then you will have the lounge room and so on. That space data then can be manipulated with a report that will charge each group with the common areas they share by allocation. I'm not a revit user, but the approach is general. If you want to have group allocations you need to distribute the common areas and you achieve that by creating a room for each space you have in the floor level. Remember that then you can use that same data for other reports like occupancy density, or to budget a carpet replacement,, the more you have the better the data you'll get. But also its is harder to keep accurate. Just analyze what you need. I would like to see an article talking about Revit use for space management. I really need it!
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.