Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a new separate database

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
2612 Views, 1 Reply

Creating a new separate database

I would like to create a new separate database to track net sq. footages. I'm concerned that my mission critical database might be corrupted (isn't C:\Program Files\FMDesktop\Facility manager 7.1 a common shared resource?)

It would be nice to utilize existing data, but with room numbers to track both net and gross, I believe this would be problematic.

Is anyone doing something similar?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
tim.tjhung
in reply to: Anonymous

The net and gross are both trackable in 1 database. The net is calculated by the room plines while the gross can use the floor pline when you attach your drawing. Once the drawing is attached and the data is in the table then it is a reporting function for net, gross, useable ect. the important factor is setting up your space standards and defining how you are to pline the rooms to get what you need to report.

As for your worry about the mission critical data being corrupted perhaps you should look at getting the SQL version. You can then set up a maintenance plan to back up your database on a automatic schedule. Another practice to prevent database snafus is to ALWAYS have 2 databases installed. 1 for production and 1 for testing and development. Kind of the "try before you buy" principle.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report