I wanted to provide an update on unexpected discussion group behavior you may be experiencing after the maintenance update on April 8. The team appreciates your feedback and input on these issues as well as your patience over the last few days. We apologize for any inconvenience. Seriously. We understand that this impacts your experience with the groups as well as your work day. We want to make sure you understand that we are working as quickly as possible to address these issues and expect them to be resolved by Friday.
Outstanding Issues and Status:
1. Inconsistent success downloading header/message content to your newsreader (especially Mozilla Thunderbird).
2. Attachments not displaying correctly, text, zip, and other files appear empty or blank when opening. Issue has been identified and affects some attachments posted via newsreaders only. As a temporary workaround, messages that require attachments can successfully be posted via the web browser interface.
3. Single paragraph returns in newsreader/nntp posts display as double spaces from newsreader posts.
4. Apostrophes and other characters not displaying correctly (question marks display instead).
5. "Split" threads. In some cases a single message thread appears as two separate threads. We?ve identified that this occurs when a locally cached newsreader message is replied to. Resetting and re-downloading messages should prevent this from happening.
For updates on these and any other issues, please check our announcements page at http://www.autodesk.com/discussion-announcements
If you have additional comments or concerns, please submit feedback to the discussion group team at http://www.autodesk.com/discussion-feedback or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org