Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
SilentNite17
1093 Views, 2 Replies

K-12?

Ok, so.

I really want to get Autodesk 3DS Max. And I noticed that you can get it for free in K-12 (yes, I am in middle school). But the instructions on the Autodesk website are super vague, and when I try to download it says I need and account. And when I try to register, there are pieces of information I need that I don't have, or something that I am agreeing to that is not true. Is there a different sign up for K-12 members? Is there something I should know that I don't?

Thanks guys,

-Silent

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hmm, I was a member of the autodesk student community when I was in college.

I think I just needed the name of my school and an EDU email address.

http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=k12 <- that's the link for the K-12 page on the student community.

@SilentNite17 wrote:

Ok, so.

I really want to get Autodesk 3DS Max. And I noticed that you can get it for free in K-12 (yes, I am in middle school). But the instructions on the Autodesk website are super vague, and when I try to download it says I need and account. And when I try to register, there are pieces of information I need that I don't have, or something that I am agreeing to that is not true. Is there a different sign up for K-12 members? Is there something I should know that I don't?

Thanks guys,

-Silent

Melanie Stone
Facilities Data Management
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
mistressofthedorkness.blogspot.com/
Message 3 of 3
amanda.k
in reply to: SilentNite17

Hello Nick!

Welcome to the Community!

You can download the free Student Software from the Education Community as long as you meet the requirements which are located here. The main part that applies to your question is below:

1.     Eligibility.  You acknowledge that you are 13 years of age or older, and, if under the age of 18, are using this Site under the active supervision of a parent, legal guardian, or other responsible adult who has read and agreed to these Terms on your behalf.  Individuals who are under the age of majority in their jurisdiction are not allowed to use this Site or transmit or otherwise submit personally identifiable information to Autodesk. To access and participate in the Site, you must be one of the following: (a) a faculty member; (b) a student; or (c) an Autodesk-sponsored design competition mentor or participant.

What error are you seeing when you attempt to register, or where does it "hold up" for you?

Amanda Kinley
Community Program Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report