Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alias Title for Occupant

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
samcoburn
1592 Views, 5 Replies

Alias Title for Occupant

It was suggested to me to alias the Title for the Occupant to ID and to use a UDF for title, but when I go to the field available to alias (System Settings/Field Alias), Title is not one of them.

How do I go about this?

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: samcoburn

The Alias list is limited to the most common field names to change, that field name can be change but would need to be changed in the backend supporting table for the a Alias.

That same table handles over 900 of the field names in FMDesktop and making changes to the wrong field in that table would affect all the workstations. Making changes to the backend DB you always run the risk of corrupting the data.

A back up copy should be made before any changes are made.

If you are comfortable working in the backend of database the table which list all the Alias is easy to locate, and the Field_Name is called Title for All Form_Name and All Table_Name , as some Alias Fileld are only for certain forms or tables. Make the change the Alias field for the correct record, restart FMDesktop and you should see the change.

If you are not comfortable with working in the backend of the database you may want to contact your reseller or a consult who works with FMDesktop.

smk

Autodesk Consulting
AEC Division
Stephen M Komisarek
Technical Consultant
Message 3 of 6
samcoburn

I am familiar with working with backends, so I changed the Title to ID (VAR Index 299) and restarted FMD. However when I open it backup and display the Occupant form, the label Title still has the caption as Title.

I tried Changing the caption from title to ID and it still shows as Title.

Where's this coming from?

Thanks.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

As I stated in my earlier reply some form_name are for specific forms / tables. Var 299 is for Staff / Vendors so the change you made would show there. If you look at Var Index 324, that will be for the Occupant Title and should be the change you are looking for.

smk
Stephen Komisarek
Autodesk Consulting
Message 5 of 6
samcoburn

Excellent! Thanks.

Is there some way I could have figured this out? Which var index I needed?

Thanks.
Message 6 of 6
samcoburn

Never mind. I see the tblOccupant for var 324. So when it says All Forms and All Table_Name it means UNLESS there's an overiding entry.

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums