cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRAPH SHOWING LIFT ALONG WITH DRAG

GRAPH SHOWING LIFT ALONG WITH DRAG

It would be a helpful addition if we could get lift values and lift graphs along with drag. I was surprised not to see such a utility in a software developed for wind tunnel testing of models. It would be of immense use especially when it comes to automobile and aircraft based models..
25 Comments
layvack1
Community Visitor

I totallt agrree with arjungk92

Buhtwhai
Explorer

I use Inventor to design co2 models similar to the ones made for F1 in Schools. Lift is a very important factor when it comes to building these, so i'd like to see it implemeneted.

stormrider_sp
Observer

Thats exactly what Im looking for!

It would be very usefull to know the centrr of pressure too.

carlos_castro26
Community Visitor

Hi, i'm studying aeronautics, and i just found this program (Flow Design), it would be a great enhacement that i can have som "special mode" to analyze the airfoils in a esay way.

colin.palmer
Community Visitor

I would find this very useful too. Meanwhile I will make do with ForceEffect Flow which does give both lift and drag.

ehtesham.bokhari
Contributor
Lift to Drag ratio is very important. LIFT has to be there. regards
Karlos47
Community Visitor

It would be excellent if the next iteration of Flow Design allowed the user to be able to work out the Coefficient of Lift of a model. Aditionally, the ability to be able to compare Lift to Drag would enhance the program hugely.

cash7c3
Participant

also would like to see lift added

gstewart
Explorer

Hello this would be awesome addition I am a highschool teacher we would love to test several aerofoil shapes and see the lift created with different shapes. 

jbss7
Community Visitor

I absolutey agree: almost all wind tunnel simulations are incomplete without being able to calculate lift. Lift is an absolute must-have in wind-tunnel simulators.

mas_vac
Observer

I think it's mandatory for a wind tunnel simulation software to return lift force and coefficient along with drag. It would be an incomplete simulation without it. Car design can't overlook those values and not having them make this software almost entirely useless for that purpose (other than being a wonderful showcase tool). To have useful results actually the only (long and hard) way is Simulation CFD.

pollack137
Explorer

I am a high school teacher and currently use solidworks for the F1 in schools project. Our school board wants to switch to Autocad so I am trying out this product and was dissapointed that lift measurements aren't a part of Flow Design. This will probably be a deal breaker and if there isn't a fix or solution to this problem by summer I will  be forced to go back to Solidworks/cosmo flow works. I'll give Simulation CFD a try - hopefully not too complicated for High school.

jukter
Participant

Iam also in need of the Lift and Liftcoefficient (Cl) values for my models as can be seen of this page on my site:

http://www.tervis.fidisk.fi/JTsite/windtunnel.html

Please, give your comments regarding this page.

Jukter

cash7c3
Participant

Has there been any further thought here/plans to support?  It's been 2 years and is the top voted idea.

I know Simulation CFD exists, but I don't run windows 😉

sjvv2011
Community Visitor

Lift force is too important not to include...
Especialy when it comes to choosing the best airfoils for the "job"

klzsailing
Contributor

One more here. Lift is very important.

You could add a STOP button to have time to configure all parameters before start a new simulation without consuming too much resources.

And you could add an automatic mesh refinement option (a smaller voxel near geometry surfaces) to better capturing lift.

klzsailing
Contributor

What people is saying here is "we would love an Autodesk Simulation" as easy to  use as "Flow Design". To reach good outcomes from Autodesk Simulation you must first be an aerodynamicist, and even then you must spend months learning the software.

Now, the central problem on Simulation is to configure a good environment (internal, external, inlets, outlets, wall conditions, picking the right boundary layer mathematical model, etc. etc.). In fact, ALL this tasks could be done internally by the softare, based in a few questions and a right interpretation of the geometries.

yoshimitsuspeed
Advisor

Good ol Autodesk. 2 years later and not so much as a comment suggesting they are working on it.
I will not be renewing my subscription because this software is useless to me without lift data.

davide98291
Community Visitor

i really think that CL value of the model is a crucial data. 
I'm actually surprised there's not. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report