cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add support for Flow Design on Mac OSX

Add support for Flow Design on Mac OSX

When Flow Design was available through Autodesk Labs, we were able to support usage on Mac OSX. However the vast majority of our Labs users ran Falcon on Windows machines. Accordingly, we focused on the Windows version for the first release of Flow Design.

Is there still interest in having Flow Design available as an app that runs on Mac OSX? If so, let us know by voting on this idea and provide any other details in the message area below.

Thanks,

Jon

14 Comments
AGEISSLER
Community Visitor

Please continue Flow Design for Mac!

Only because the flow simulation community is pinned on Windows and Linux doesn´t mean Designers and Mac users are not interested in aerodynamics. 

Maybe the initial interest was only from the allready interested in CFD?!

At the price tag you introduced, I can imagine many Architects and Designers giving CFD a try!!! I think most of them don´t know until now.

ttrautz
Community Visitor

Please bring back the Mac version!

caunsworth
Community Visitor

Yes it would be so great to have as a application for Mac

shanaire
Community Visitor

Yes definitely, there aren't many available for mac's and bootcamp isn't really an option for me.

jabi
Contributor

Yes! Please make it available for Mac OS X. Bootcamp isn't an option for me either. I run Parallels from an external disk and that is quite cumbersome. We need more Mac native Autodesk Apps (Dynamo, Vasari, Revit, 3DS Max)

tasnim111
Community Visitor

IT is a request, please make it available for Mac OS X.

hartogj
Community Manager
Status changed to: Under Review
Thanks for all the interest in this one. We are glad to hear there are Mac users out there with interest! We're looking into the possibility of adding this in the future.
joe.willsher
Explorer

Yes, please can you re-introduce support for the mac!! Your product is (was) the only CFD software able to run on OSX and it was such a shame when you removed it.  I was working on a few projects in CFD and now have no access at all, if you could introduce support that would be fantastic

CasperDeschuytter
Community Visitor

hy, how long do we need to wait before Flow design is available for Mac OSX??

greets

Snowball25
Community Visitor

I entered F1 in schools and requested the free Autodesk software, only to find I can't run it on my iMac. Therefore I had to pull out of the competition and watch my friends have great fun while gaining absolutely invaluble experiance of engineering. I have hopes to be an aeronautical engineer in the future however this was a big blow to my confidence, and all because I have a Mac and not a PC.

hartogj
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

hartogj
Community Manager

Flow Design for Mac is now available for download, so you can now run Flow Design natively on Mac OSX!

Some details on the new release are available here. See below for methods for accessing the new Mac installer.

Thanks,

Jon

Autodesk Flow Design for Mac Download Methods

1. 1.      Log into https://accounts.autodesk.com
  2. 2.      Select the “Account” tab
  3. 3.      Access the Mac installer
    1. a.     Method 1 for Subscribers

i.     Pick the “Flow Design” product on the accounts page

ii.     Select the “Browser Download” download method

iii.     Select the Mac platform and download the installer

1. b.     Method for Subscribers, Partners, or Education Community Members

i.     Click “Download Other Products” on the left side of the page

ii.     Find Flow Design in your list of products, hit “2014” and then click the “Browser Download” button for the Mac installer.

d.rodriguez32
Community Visitor

Please bring Flow Design to Mac!! 

ryan.arnaudin
Alumni

@d.rodriguez32 -- Flow Design for Mac is now available! Please see Jon's comment above for downloading it. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report