Flow Design IdeaStation
14 Kudos
hartogj

Add support for Flow Design on Mac OSX

by Employee on ‎01-07-2014 07:41 AM

When Flow Design was available through Autodesk Labs, we were able to support usage on Mac OSX. However the vast majority of our Labs users ran Falcon on Windows machines. Accordingly, we focused on the Windows version for the first release of Flow Design.

Is there still interest in having Flow Design available as an app that runs on Mac OSX? If so, let us know by voting on this idea and provide any other details in the message area below.

Thanks,

Jon

Comments
by AGEISSLER on ‎01-15-2014 04:14 PM

Please continue Flow Design for Mac!

Only because the flow simulation community is pinned on Windows and Linux doesn´t mean Designers and Mac users are not interested in aerodynamics. 

Maybe the initial interest was only from the allready interested in CFD?!

At the price tag you introduced, I can imagine many Architects and Designers giving CFD a try!!! I think most of them don´t know until now.

by ttrautz on ‎01-20-2014 04:52 PM

Please bring back the Mac version!

by caunsworth on ‎01-24-2014 02:13 PM

Yes it would be so great to have as a application for Mac

by shanaire on ‎02-02-2014 06:22 PM

Yes definitely, there aren't many available for mac's and bootcamp isn't really an option for me.

by jabi on ‎02-12-2014 02:53 PM

Yes! Please make it available for Mac OS X. Bootcamp isn't an option for me either. I run Parallels from an external disk and that is quite cumbersome. We need more Mac native Autodesk Apps (Dynamo, Vasari, Revit, 3DS Max)

by tasnim111 on ‎03-10-2014 02:37 AM

IT is a request, please make it available for Mac OS X.

by Employee on ‎03-10-2014 09:46 AM
Status changed to: Under Review
Thanks for all the interest in this one. We are glad to hear there are Mac users out there with interest! We're looking into the possibility of adding this in the future.
by joe.willsher on ‎03-22-2014 05:34 PM

Yes, please can you re-introduce support for the mac!! Your product is (was) the only CFD software able to run on OSX and it was such a shame when you removed it.  I was working on a few projects in CFD and now have no access at all, if you could introduce support that would be fantastic

by CasperDeschuytter on ‎04-18-2014 11:25 AM

hy, how long do we need to wait before Flow design is available for Mac OSX??

greets

by Snowball25 on ‎04-26-2014 05:24 AM

I entered F1 in schools and requested the free Autodesk software, only to find I can't run it on my iMac. Therefore I had to pull out of the competition and watch my friends have great fun while gaining absolutely invaluble experiance of engineering. I have hopes to be an aeronautical engineer in the future however this was a big blow to my confidence, and all because I have a Mac and not a PC.

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

New Idea
You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register