Flow Design Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flow Design Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flow Design topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wind speed factor

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anupama.rana
983 Views, 2 Replies

Wind speed factor

Hi

What is wind speed factor in "Flow design for revit" see attached graph from the software? Wind velocity plot usually shows height in "m" along y-axis and wind speed/velocity in "m/s" along x-axis. However Flow design asks for "wind speed factor" in x-axis. I have height and wind speed/velocity values. But how do we derive wind speed factor, so that i can input the values in the graph "wind profile" of "Flow design for revit"? 

Thank you

Anu

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hartogj
in reply to: Anupama.rana

Hi

Thanks for the question. There are many different profiles out there so this tool was intended to provide some flexibility.

You start by using the wind speed dial to set the reference speed. The wind speed factor is a multiplier you can apply to that. By default it is 1 at all heights, so the assigned windspeed is uniform. If you set it to 2 at a given height, the speed at that height should be double what you specify in the dial.

Very often folks will have a wind speed referenced to 10m above the ground, so in many cases when they are adjusting the profile they make sure the factor is "1" at 10m and more than 1 higher up.

Jon

Jon den Hartog

Product Manager
Message 3 of 3
Anupama.rana
in reply to: hartogj

Hi Jon

Thank you for your quick reply.

I am using Flow design for revit.

My understanding on the "wind speed factor" was correct as per your explanation above. I am using logrithemic wind profile, with reference wind speed of 32.1m/s. In wind profile plot of "Flow design for revit" I plot the values derived from logrithemic wind profile equation, in factors of reference wind speed and apply. However after few rounds of running simulations and checking results of wind speed in different heights of building 10m, 80m, 160m, it seems to me that Flow design is not giving results as per the wind profile that has been input by me. But rather it is taking same wind speed of 32.1m/s for all the heights.

Does "Flow design for revit" take account of increasing wind velocity with height?

Am I missing any step for "Flow design for revit" to recognise the wind profile I have input for its calculations?

Best Regards

Anupama

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report