Flow Design Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flow Design Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flow Design topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wind profile

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anupama.rana
546 Views, 4 Replies

Wind profile

Hi

I am using Flow design for revit.

I am using logrithemic wind profile, with reference wind speed of 32.1m/s. In wind profile plot of "Flow design for revit" I plot the values derived from logrithemic wind profile equation, in factors of reference wind speed and apply. However after few rounds of running simulations and checking results of wind speed in different heights of building 10m, 80m, 160m, it seems to me that Flow design is not giving results as per the wind profile that has been input by me. But rather it is taking same wind speed of 32.1m/s for all the heights.

Does "Flow design for revit" take account of increasing wind velocity with height?

Am I missing any step for "Flow design for revit" to recognise the wind profile I have input for its calculations?

Best Regards

Anupama

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Royce_adsk
in reply to: Anupama.rana

Hi!

It seems to be working for me on my end, could you supply a picture?

Picture.jpg

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Message 3 of 5
Anupama.rana
in reply to: Royce_adsk

Hi Royce!

Thank you for the reply.

After seeing your reply I tried simulating for my case again, because previously I was analysing based on the wind speed in plan view only. I had generated plan views for different height levels. From those plan plots, the difference in wind speed for diffrenet heights were not so significant.

This time I generated wind velocity image for section/elevation view too.  Then only I can see the difference, as the difference in the colours in the upper layers of air above building is quite pronounced than the layer of air that is on the same height of the building. However, the wind speed from the simulation ,I am getting on various heights is still not satisfactory, as it does not match with the wind speed numbers I had input in the wind profile of the Flow design (values on the windward side).

The building I am simulating is 175m tall. Reference wind speed is 33m/s. Based on logrithmic wind calculation, wind speed at 175m height is almost 60m/s, at 87m height is 53m/s. I had input this in the wind profile graph in flow design then simulated.

Refer to the result of Flow design section view attached; wind speed at the level corresponding to roof of the building is supposed to be 60m/s but I am only getting 41.1m/s  and  41.4m/s from FLow design. In summary, simulation results show some resemblance to the wind profile that has been input but nowhere near to the expected values.

Let me know if you have any comments.

Regards

Anupama

Message 4 of 5
Royce_adsk
in reply to: Anupama.rana

Thanks for the details!

Is the results of a 2D or a 3D run?

Thanks,

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Message 5 of 5
Anupama.rana
in reply to: Royce_adsk

The result is for 3D run.

Thank you

Anupama

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report