Flow Design Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flow Design Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flow Design topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

modelling the Atmospheric Boundary Layer - Stand Alone version

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mrdonn
472 Views, 2 Replies

modelling the Atmospheric Boundary Layer - Stand Alone version

Hi

I have used a wind tunnel for many years. I work in a city where every building over 4 storeys must be wind tunnel tested. Crucial to believability of the wind tunnel model results is the model of the wind created by the wind tunnel.

I was delighted therefore to read in the help files for the Revit version there is a possibility at least of sketching the shape of the speed vs height above ground relationship for this model. There does not seem to be the same result in the stand alone version?

The flow distribution in the stand alone version is uniform for 2D flows - so therefore does not represent what really happens. It is non-uniform in some manner for the 3D model. What i do not understand is that even with very simple block models, the wind flows from wind tunnel tests are not replicated by Flow Design? The simplest downdraft flow off a 10-20 storey stand alone tower is a perfect example of this issue.

M

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mayur_dhumal
in reply to: mrdonn

Hi,

I think we should give some time to Flow Design Team, they are working excellently & I hope Flow design will be equipped with what needs to be there.
Right now we can only post our ideas, requests so that those will be fulfilled in coming future.
Fingers crossed!

Regards,
Mayur
Message 3 of 3
Royce_adsk
in reply to: mayur_dhumal

Great suggestion! I would ask that you add that to the idea station.   This way we can see how much interest there is more each suggestion.

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report