Flow Design Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flow Design Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flow Design topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a consistent color reading at legends?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ana_paraon
758 Views, 4 Replies

How to get a consistent color reading at legends?

Hello all, hope someone can answer this:

I am working on a comparative study in flow design of three locations that share the same wind data.

How can I get a consistent reading of the colors' values on the ft/s legend so that, for instance, yellow reads 4 ft/s consistently in all three simulations?

Thanks,

Ana  

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
hartogj
in reply to: ana_paraon

This is a good question. There is currently no way to customize the legend range and set it up so legends from different runs are the same. You can certainly do this in our full featured CFD product (Simulation CFD) where you have the ability to automatically sync up and compare everything across multiple simulations. Flow Design currently doesn't have that same comparison capability.

That said, here are some ideas you might consider. They may not be solutions but could prompt some thoughts that will get you a little closer...

1) If you are looking at flow around three objects, depending on what you are looking at you *might* be able to put objects in the same model a little bit apart from one another. Then you can look at results on one legend using the same wind input all in one virtual wind tunnel.

2) If you are working on an architectural model and have Revit, the Flow Design for Revit plugin provides probes that will give you a readout of velocity or pressure at a specific point. You won't be able to change the legend colors but you'll know the numerical value at a given location which would let you compare.

Jon

Jon den Hartog

Product Manager
Message 3 of 5
ana_paraon
in reply to: hartogj

Thanks Jon,

This answer is all that I needed for this early stage of the project.

Later on I will probably be using Simulation CFD.

Ana

Message 4 of 5
Radon_Autodesk

that is a good advice, as I am looking at the same limitation of Flow, I wanted to suggest to at least make the legend more descriptive, with a numerical value or numerical range near each color, this should not take much effort from you and will provide a lot more info to users

Message 5 of 5
Radon_Autodesk

another question, will you get the readout of velocity or pressure in each point also in Inventor? I am building my models in sketchup, what advantadges could I get with inventor?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report