Flow Design General Discussion

Flow Design General Discussion

SaturnVI
Message 1 of 7 (418 Views)
Accepted Solution

Flow Design/Project Falcon

418 Views, 6 Replies
01-22-2014 01:28 PM
Greetings: I have a few questions. Does flow design have a vector map option like Project falcon does? Also, how accurate is the vector map compared to some of the other results? I noticed that when I ran a simulation on a part with project falcon, the vector map would gradually change. After about a half hour or so, there were significant differences between the initial vector map and the final one. Which one is correct? Are these programs iterative? One other thing I noticed is that the flow lines of the simulation were different from the initial simulation after I switched back to them from the vector map. Was the simulation just slow to update it's results? If so, does Flow design have some kind of indication that the simulated results are essentially the final results? Thanks.

Hi,

Let me address each question for you:

Does flow design have a vector map option like Project falcon does?

Yes it does: 
Help Link: http://help.autodesk.com/view/ADSKFD/ENU/?guid=GUID-B0FB3A1F-A472-4485-9D47-B40E20637B23
Specific Graphical Picture: http://help.autodesk.com/cloudhelp/ENU/FlowDesign/images/GUID-1F340532-D4F6-439F-9DF1-F9186B3D7A6B.png

How accurate is the vector map compared to some of the other results?

Accurate in what way?  The vector is going to represent the flow direction at that specific location at that time and the color will correlate to the speed at that point.  Basically, the vector map is as accurate as the overall solution provided.

I noticed that when I ran a simulation on a part with project falcon, the vector map would gradually change. After about a half hour or so, there were significant differences between the initial vector map and the final one. Which one is correct?

This is by design. The simulation is running as a transient simulation so it will take some time to reach a converged or osccilating solution.  

It would be good to review the documentation on solution evolution and completion.

Are these programs iterative?

As stated above, yes.

One other thing I noticed is that the flow lines of the simulation were different from the initial simulation after I switched back to them from the vector map. Was the simulation just slow to update it's results? If so, does Flow design have some kind of indication that the simulated results are essentially the final results? 

See the above, I believe that will address your question.

Product Support
Royce_adsk
Message 2 of 7 (401 Views)

Re: Flow Design/Project Falcon

01-23-2014 07:58 AM in reply to: SaturnVI

Hi,

Let me address each question for you:

Does flow design have a vector map option like Project falcon does?

Yes it does: 
Help Link: http://help.autodesk.com/view/ADSKFD/ENU/?guid=GUID-B0FB3A1F-A472-4485-9D47-B40E20637B23
Specific Graphical Picture: http://help.autodesk.com/cloudhelp/ENU/FlowDesign/images/GUID-1F340532-D4F6-439F-9DF1-F9186B3D7A6B.p...

How accurate is the vector map compared to some of the other results?

Accurate in what way?  The vector is going to represent the flow direction at that specific location at that time and the color will correlate to the speed at that point.  Basically, the vector map is as accurate as the overall solution provided.

I noticed that when I ran a simulation on a part with project falcon, the vector map would gradually change. After about a half hour or so, there were significant differences between the initial vector map and the final one. Which one is correct?

This is by design. The simulation is running as a transient simulation so it will take some time to reach a converged or osccilating solution.  

It would be good to review the documentation on solution evolution and completion.

Are these programs iterative?

As stated above, yes.

One other thing I noticed is that the flow lines of the simulation were different from the initial simulation after I switched back to them from the vector map. Was the simulation just slow to update it's results? If so, does Flow design have some kind of indication that the simulated results are essentially the final results? 

See the above, I believe that will address your question.

Royce Abel
Message 3 of 7 (167 Views)

05-21-2014 10:21 AM in reply to: SaturnVI

I want to download the Project Falcon? How do I do, can you send a Project Falcon installation package to me?

qatesting
Message 4 of 7 (162 Views)

05-21-2014 04:15 PM in reply to: 380188032

Flow Design can be downloaded from the e-store

http://www.autodesk.com/store

If you search on "Flow design" it will come up on the listing

Employee
ryan.arnaudin
Message 5 of 7 (149 Views)

05-22-2014 11:25 AM in reply to: qatesting

To expand on the previous comment, Project Falcon has graduated from labs and is now known as "Flow Design" -- Falcon installations will no longer run and must be upgraded. See the "pinned" post in this forum for more info.

Here is the direct link to the e-store: http://www.autodesk.com/store/flow-design

Message 6 of 7 (133 Views)

05-26-2014 10:12 AM in reply to: qatesting

thank you very much :smileyembarrassed:

Message 7 of 7 (132 Views)

05-26-2014 10:14 AM in reply to: ryan.arnaudin

thank you very much :smileyembarrassed:

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.