Flow Design Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flow Design Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flow Design topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flow Design Lift Force

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Micr0vac
2922 Views, 3 Replies

Flow Design Lift Force

Hey,

I`m using Flow Design for the first time and i wonder if there is any way to get information about the Lift Force.

I get some results for DragForces and Drag coefficent, but i also need Lift forces.

I'm also looking for the reaction force and the point where its applied, is there any way to get these informations in FlowDesign?

thanks

Simon

Ps:using Flow Desingn integrated into AD Inventor Professional 2014.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Royce_adsk
in reply to: Micr0vac

Hi Simon,

Currently we only have drag forces for the system as it would be in a wind tunnel which doesn't include any concept of a reaction force.  When you say reaction force do you mean center of force on the object in quesion?

Best regards,

Royce.Abel
Technical Support Manager

Message 3 of 4
kostas2133
in reply to: Royce_adsk

Hi Royce,

is there any estimation on when the software will be updated and include lift forces?

Thank you,

Kostas

Message 4 of 4
hartogj
in reply to: kostas2133

This is one of the features we are looking at closely. This has been investigated before but requires more research before implementing.

For those who want to see this, I'd recommend putting some votes on this topic in IdeaStation so we can rasie the priority. See http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Flow-design-Ideastation/GRAPH-SHOWING-LIFT-ALONG-WITH-DRAG/idi-p/47657...

Jon

Jon den Hartog

Product Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report