Flow Design General Discussion

Micr0vac
Message 1 of 4 (669 Views)
Accepted Solution

Flow Design Lift Force

669 Views, 3 Replies
01-23-2014 04:29 AM

Hey,

I`m using Flow Design for the first time and i wonder if there is any way to get information about the Lift Force.

I get some results for DragForces and Drag coefficent, but i also need Lift forces.

I'm also looking for the reaction force and the point where its applied, is there any way to get these informations in FlowDesign?

thanks

Simon

Ps:using Flow Desingn integrated into AD Inventor Professional 2014.

Hi Simon,

Currently we only have drag forces for the system as it would be in a wind tunnel which doesn't include any concept of a reaction force.  When you say reaction force do you mean center of force on the object in quesion?

Best regards,

Product Support
Royce_adsk
Message 2 of 4 (650 Views)

Re: Flow Design Lift Force

01-23-2014 08:04 AM in reply to: Micr0vac

Hi Simon,

Currently we only have drag forces for the system as it would be in a wind tunnel which doesn't include any concept of a reaction force.  When you say reaction force do you mean center of force on the object in quesion?

Best regards,

Royce Abel
kostas2133
Message 3 of 4 (394 Views)

04-22-2014 05:45 PM in reply to: Royce_adsk

Hi Royce,

is there any estimation on when the software will be updated and include lift forces?

Thank you,

Kostas

Employee
hartogj
Message 4 of 4 (376 Views)

04-23-2014 12:20 PM in reply to: kostas2133

This is one of the features we are looking at closely. This has been investigated before but requires more research before implementing.

For those who want to see this, I'd recommend putting some votes on this topic in IdeaStation so we can rasie the priority. See http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Flow-design-Ideastation/GRAPH-SHOWING-LIFT-ALONG-WITH-DRAG/idi-p/47657...

Jon

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.