Flow Design Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flow Design Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flow Design topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flow design-Inventor

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
mooler1121
485 Views, 6 Replies

Flow design-Inventor

Hi everyone,

The flow design plug-in for inventor is not available within Inventor 2015. is anyone experiencing the same issue?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
hartogj
in reply to: mooler1121

Hi

There are a few things to check on that should help us sort this out:

1) Are you running a 64 bit version of Inventor?

2) Did you install Flow Design after installing Inventor?

3) Simple one, but are you looking for Flow Design on the "Environment" tab within Inventor?

4) Inventor 2015 support was added to Flow Design in March of this year. Can you let us know which build of Flow Design you installed? (open the standalone version and check "About)

Jon

Jon den Hartog

Product Manager
Message 3 of 7
mooler1121
in reply to: hartogj

Thanks Jon

1) Yes, the inventor version is 64 bit.
2) Yes
3) I checked the Environments Tab, but it is not there
4) Build: 249.2014.01.10

Uninstalled and reinstalled Flow Design but the problem still remains.
Message 4 of 7
hartogj

Thanks for the update.

The build date indicates that you have an older release from January 2014, before Inventor version 2015 was available. Can you log into either the accounts portal or, if a student, the edu community and download the latest build?

Thanks

Jon

Jon den Hartog

Product Manager
Message 5 of 7
mooler1121

I have already downloaded the Setup file from edu community.
but to check again, I went to
http://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/flow-design

and downloaded the supposedly latest build, but it installs as bulid 2014.01.10 (It's a bit strange).

Can you verify that the released version is the latest one?

Thanks.
Message 6 of 7
hartogj

I verified that the "Browser Download" option installs the latest build. The file name includes "R1" in the title which is an indicator that it is an update:

Flow_Design_2014_English_WIN_64bit_R1_dlm.sfx.exe

Can you please download using the "Browser Download" option if you haven't already? In the meantime we will look into the other methods to make sure they are providing the latest also.

Thanks

Jon

Jon den Hartog

Product Manager
Message 7 of 7
mooler1121

Using the "Browser Download" option, the downloded file is Flow_Design_2014_English_WIN_64bit_R1_dlm.sfx.exe but it installs as build 2014-01-10. this is also indicated in the bulid properties of Setup package files and in the build file located in "data" folder under installation directory. ..... BINARIES_BUILD_ID=2014-01-10_10-25-13 ..... LAYOUT_BUILD_ID=2014-01-10_10-31-21 ..... I'm not sure what I'm missing? Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report