Flow Design Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flow Design Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flow Design topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flow design - Importing ipt => always sphere

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
tobias.meisch
5068 Views, 7 Replies

Flow design - Importing ipt => always sphere

Hi everybody,

I would like to start some very basic stuff to learn how to handle with Flow Design. So I created a very simple 3D model in Inventor 2015 and saved it as an ipt-file.

When I import now this ipt-file, all the time, there is just a grey sphere shown. It doesn't matter which 3d model I've chosen. When I choose a "demonstration model" it works.

Do you have an idea, what I'm doing wrong?!

Thanks a lot for your help!

br, Tobias

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Jon.Wilde
in reply to: tobias.meisch

Hi Tobias,

This suggests a geometry problem. Is the model overly complex and what happens if you bring through just half of it? (or the opposite half).

Are you able to share the ipt?

Kind regards,

Jon

Message 3 of 8
tobias.meisch
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

Hi Jon, thanks a lot for your help! I attached a very simple ipt-file which also results in a sphere in my Flow design. In yours as well? br, Tobias
Message 4 of 8
tobias.meisch
in reply to: Jon.Wilde

I'm sorry, but it seems, I'm not able to upload the file. Nothing happens, when I click "Add attachment" 😞

Okay, with IE it works, with Firefox not.... anyway

Message 5 of 8
Hagel123
in reply to: tobias.meisch

Maybe this problem could be solved by exporting it as a .lst file.

- if you can transport your object to AutoCAD then you should open the file --> select the objects  you want to test in the simulator --> export these object by clicking the AutoCAD'home' button --> choose other files --> select .slt and save it.

If I am correct this file can be opened in the simulator.

Message 6 of 8
tobias.meisch
in reply to: Hagel123

Thanks a lot for your help! I exported the model directly in Inventor to a stl-file. Now, I'm able to work with it in Flow design. However, I think, Flow Design should be able to handle ipt-files as well, isn't it? Anyway, I'm happy now 🙂 Thanks again! Tobias
Message 7 of 8
subsKL4JM
in reply to: Hagel123

Hmm, two years later and this issue still exists. Exporting from Inventor as an STL and importing the STL into Flow Design still works, though. 🙂

Message 8 of 8

Hi,

I have the same problem just that I import the model as a .dwg file (3D). I tried to convert it in a .dwf file, but it doesn't even appear in the list when I want to import it in the program. I'm working in etabs2016 and I don't have other possibilities to export my model. Could you help me solve this inconvenience please?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report