Flow Design Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flow Design Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flow Design topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't export an object made with loft to Flow Design

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Hagel123
509 Views, 2 Replies

Can't export an object made with loft to Flow Design

Hello,

Currently I am making a Blended Wing Body, a NASA like airplane. I made this object by lofting multiple wing surfaces together. But, unfortunately, this object is removed when I try to export it to a .lst-file to put it int he Flow Design Simulator. All other objects can be exported to .lst whether they are made with loft or just presspulled wings. Does someone know the answer to my problem?

Another problem I encountered is that I cannot patch a surface to the holes in this wing body; it works fine with other objects - just not with my Blended Wing body.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Hagel123
in reply to: Hagel123

It turned out that the wingsurfaces I imported were not completely closed and thus AutoCAD could not create a solid and so this object could not be exported to Flow Design

P.s.
I solved my problem by using the commando 'Pedit' and choosing the option 'close' in order to close the wingsurfaces.
Message 3 of 3
hartogj
in reply to: Hagel123

Thanks for the update.

Flow Design does not require a closed solid model - you can use surfaces. Just wanted to mention that in case others are wondering about this. In this case it just sounds like your CAD application required a closed solid to export the STL. 

Thanks

Jon

Jon den Hartog

Product Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report