Flow Design Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Flow Design Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flow Design topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

building model

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
allger
548 Views, 2 Replies

building model

I've noticed that in the given example of a building(in the standalone version) it seems that there is air flow underneath the building which doesn't happen in reality. furthermore i created a small model  and placed it at (0,0,0) in autocad and in flow design it shows it again as if there was air underneath it .....is there a way to make it stand on the ground exactly?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hartogj
in reply to: allger

The standalone version will build a wind tunnel that completely immerses the object. This mimics many physical wind tunnels that place objects a bit off the floor on mounts. But for a building you will want to put it right on the floor like you described:

1) Click the wind tunnel button

2) Use the grab handles to drag the bottom of the tunnel up to meet the building. Use the View Cube to view the tunnel from the sides, front, or back so you can see things clearly. Ensure you are in orthographic mode within the View Cube settings - this makes it easy to get the alignment right. You can go back to perspective mode after making the adjustment if you like.

3) After you set everything up, keep in mind you can save a record of the setup on this model by Exporting an "FDZ" file. It will contain the geometry, speed, tunnel size, etc and allow you to recall everything

Jon

Jon den Hartog

Product Manager
Message 3 of 3
allger
in reply to: hartogj

i would like to thank you for your complete response.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report