cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
DvdSly
648 Views, 3 Replies

Flame Training

Is it possible to start a project in the training addition, and then open it after the licensed version is installed?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
matthew.d
in reply to: DvdSly

Hi @DvdSly,

Welcome to the community!

Great question! Check out page 3 articles b and c of the license agreement provided in the installation guide for the training edition here.

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 3 of 4
yann.laforest
in reply to: matthew.d

Hi,

Thanks for asking.

The answer is no.

Projects created in Flame training editions cannot be reused in Flame commercial versions.

Please let us know if you have any other questions,

Regards,

Yann

Yann Laforest

Program Manager Data Analytics - Autodesk EMS
10 rue Duke Street
Montréal (Québec) Canada H3C 2L7
Message 4 of 4
jaydigital
in reply to: yann.laforest

What is the point of using this training edition if one can not open a project in a paid version. What about the freelancers who needs to work on there reel in order to get work. Artist are the ones who support software on many levels. Example, I defended Flame on numerous occasions at many employers, these employers wanted to stop subscription and move on to other software. During my 15 years on flame, there has been many ups and downs. I feel the foundry has more support for nuke artist. I know many flame artist crossed over to nuke due to this problem. In addition, it is typical for staff flame artist to work on big projects that is used on there reel. Freelancers on the other hand usually work on cleanup or work that is not really good enough to showcase on a reel. Currently, Post Production Facilities want to see high end 3D compositing such as you see in nuke compositing reels. I only see support for high end 3d composites in the nuke community for reel creation. What about us Flame Freelancers, yes we can download elements from nuke communities but we can not use flame training edition efficiently. I understand the watermark,  but please give an option to open a training setup in a full version.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report