Flame Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flame Family (Flame, Flare, Flame Assist, Lustre) Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flame topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW Flame 2017x1 Videos - Using Baked AO with PBS Maps & Substance PBR

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Grant.Kay
279 Views, 1 Reply

NEW Flame 2017x1 Videos - Using Baked AO with PBS Maps & Substance PBR

Hi All,

I hope you are all well and productive in post production.

Another two new videos dealing with Physical Based Rendering in Action have been uploaded to the Flame Learning Channel.

Part 4 looks at a great new workflow between Maya and Flame using PBS Ambient Occlusion texture maps to texture indirect lighting onto 3D models in Action. This allows you to get same render quality for indirect lighting and shading on 3D geometry that you would normally get by outputting 2D render passes using your favorite 3D renderer. 

Part 5 discusses Substance PBR which can create procedurally generated textures that can work within the Physical Based Shading model. So if you don’t have a texture and don’t have time to manually create your own, you can use procedurally generated textures to quickly generate a texture that can be used on any 3D objects in the composites.

You can check this all out on the Flame Learning Channel.

or in the new Autodesk Learning on AREA - Just search for Flame.

Or you can download the videos via iTunes.

If you wish to follow along, you can use your own system or you can download the free training edition.

Please follow me on Twitter @DiscreetUK for the latest Official Flame Training Updates.

All feedback, requests and comments are always welcome!

Enjoy your weekend!

Regards
Grant

Grant Kay
Principal Learning Content Developer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Official Autodesk Flame Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/flamehowtos

The Official Autodesk Smoke Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/smokehowtos

Also available as podcasts on iTunes

Follow me on twitter @discreetuk for the latest training updates.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
arichards
in reply to: Grant.Kay

This is an excellent tutorial series Grant! You should never be taken for grant-ed. I certainly don't. Love your tutorials!

Cheers

Tony 

HP Z840, 80GB Ram, Quadro M6000x24GB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report