Flame Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flame Family (Flame, Flare, Flame Assist, Lustre) Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flame topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Request - Warp Stabiliser

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
rufus_blackwell
692 Views, 7 Replies

Feature Request - Warp Stabiliser

Hi

I think one aspect of Flame and Smoke that could really do with an overhaul is auto stabilisation. Currently the autostabilize node doesn't really work on anything more complicated than that which can be fixed with the normal stabiliser. I have very rarely found it really fixes the problems I need to deal with and in particularly difficult situations I have to export and use AE warp stabiliser. 

Is there any chance of this being addressed int he future?

I know furnace steadiness is great, but no mac version and also very expensive.

Many Thanks

Rufus

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Andy-Dill
in reply to: rufus_blackwell

I remember a couple years ago advocating against one simply because I felt that rolling shutter was becoming a thing of the past.

I still hold out hope, but I'll be damned if people still don't think the Canon 5d is the bees knees.

Lewis Saunders (I think) either made a matchbox or showed how to alleviate it via a vertical gradient and a timewarp node (again, I think).  Probably not the ideal solve and warp stabilizing tech would likely suppliment other aspects of the software (motion vectors) so yeah, I'm all for it.

Message 3 of 8
fipnormal
in reply to: Andy-Dill

this one is very good, better than warp stabilizer.

https://www.reelsteady.com

cheers

PaulGIll

Message 4 of 8
fipnormal
in reply to: fipnormal

Andy Dill

its not just for rolling shutter fixes, its just a better solve for stabilizing than the current flame options. I for one would welcome improvements here,

cheers

Paul Gill

Message 5 of 8
joelosis
in reply to: rufus_blackwell

I have to agree too, any update to auto stabilize will be a welcome addition 🙂
Message 6 of 8
flavio24frames
in reply to: fipnormal

This would be huge. I'm using warp stabilizer in AE on every project which is very taxing for time in 4K.

Message 7 of 8

Hello Flavio,

We have introduced the Motion Warp Tracking since then. It should help you do something similar to Warp Stabilizing.

Grant did a serie on it on the Flame learning channel. Please have a look. The first one ie here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7lRjsngKUQ&list=PLqfk4mdQn0sUtejFX-YPjBFvl8iEuxOi8&index=60

Please accept this as a solution if you feel your question has been answered.

fred

Frédéric Warren
User Experience Designer
Message 8 of 8

Hi Fred

Thanks for the I hadn't realised motion vectors could also stabilise. However unfortunately after having tested it, it is not a replacement for the warp stabiliser. 

I love motion vectors, one of the best additions recently, but in this case it can work for some things, but not the sort of shots I use warp stabiliser for. 

The new stabiliser in Resolve is great, impo better than warp stabiliser. I would love to be able to get it done in Flame though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums