Community
FBX Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FBX Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FBX topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ViewScene sample: Big drawing difference to the original maya scene?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
324 Views, 3 Replies

ViewScene sample: Big drawing difference to the original maya scene?

Hello,

i am learning the FBX SDK to draw a maya scene, exported to a FBX file, in my custom program.

As i ran the ViewScene sample in FBX SDK in the installation, i saw a big drawing difference between the original scene in maya and in the ViewScene sample, also little different in the apple quicktime player.

Please see the screenshots.

I want to know why there are different? And is it possible to draw scene with FBX SDK in the same maya quality?

Thanks in advance

zff

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
RobertGoulet
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

results varies mostly because each of these programs support different feature sets in terms of rendering, and also because they don't use the same shading language. What is important is that the values used when you create your Maya scene are correctly stored in the FBX file for any program to retrieve them and interpret them as they wish.

In other words, what ends up in each renderer depends on the implementation of this renderer more than anything else, and they vary quite a lot.
Robert Goulet, FBX Dev Lead
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: RobertGoulet

Hello Robert,

thanks for your reply.

May I ask you, whether it is generally possible, in FBX to render the same Scene with the same quality as in Maya? The rest I will study by my self.

Thank you again.
Message 4 of 4
jiayang.xu
in reply to: RobertGoulet

Hi zff518,
FBX is just to carry on data, how to render these data and how good is the rendering result depend on the people who write the render to use these data.

Maya have several renders and their quality are already very different with each other, I am not sure which one you are trying to achieve.
But for sure it is definitely possible, just a very good render often takes many years and people to achieve there.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report