Community
FBX Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FBX Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FBX topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skeleton Animation with FBX

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2830 Views, 4 Replies

Skeleton Animation with FBX

I'm just trying to implementing the fbx format in our application and i would like to know if my think process in exporting the animation data for a Mesh is right.

So here it is:

1.) Get the influenced bones from the KFbxCluster and store it in a array
2.) Get the BindposeMatrix for each Bone via pcluster->GetTransformLinkMatrix()
3.) Get the GlobalPosition for the influenced bones
4.) Setup the hierarchy between the influenced bones
5.) Build the animations Keys for each take with EvaluateLocalTransform()

Is this the right way??

I already made a importer for Collada and there i had for each Bone the Bindpose and a inverse bind pose.
And i think the absolute transform of a bone was the parentBoneMatrix * inverse bind pose.
Do i didn't have to calculate the transform in FBX and just use the EvaluateLocalTransform().

Thanks for helping 🙂
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jiayang.xu
in reply to: Anonymous

The animation keys can only be generated on animatable properties of a FBX object.
So to export skin animation, you just need to make sure you export animation of each bone's transform properties correctly.
And for sure you need to export KFbxCluster and KFbxSkin correctly.

What you are describing is more like how to interpret and combine data from FBX to drive the skeleton animation in your viewer.
If that is your intention, please take a look at ViewScene sample, which shows how to use data from FBX to generate proper skeleton animation in viewer.
You can also do a quick search on this forum, there are already many similar discussions.

Regards.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Jeah I just found a post were you show how to build the whole transform stuff and now it everything works perfect. 🙂 http://area.autodesk.com/forum/autodesk-fbx/fbx-sdk/am-i-missing-something/

Must be soo anoying, when people don't use the search function and erverything must be complainet mulitple^^

Maby close this post would be right
Message 4 of 5
jiayang.xu

No worries, maybe I should consider to update the FAQ to organize/include these information.
Thanks for your feedback :).
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

I'm just trying to implementing the fbx format in our application and i would like to know if my think process in exporting the animation data for a Mesh is right.

So here it is:

1.) Get the influenced bones from the KFbxCluster and store it in a array
2.) Get the BindposeMatrix for each Bone via pcluster->GetTransformLinkMatrix()
3.) Get the GlobalPosition for the influenced bones
4.) Setup the hierarchy between the influenced bones
5.) Build the animations Keys for each take with EvaluateLocalTransform()

Is this the right way??

I already made a importer for Collada and there i had for each Bone the Bindpose and a inverse bind pose.
And i think the absolute transform of a bone was the parentBoneMatrix * inverse bind pose.
Do i didn't have to calculate the transform in FBX and just use the EvaluateLocalTransform().

Thanks for helping 🙂

the 4th step.
it's should down by the user or fbx already provide the hierachy?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report