Community
FBX Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FBX Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FBX topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] Error LNK2019

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1502 Views, 2 Replies

[Resolved] Error LNK2019

Hello Im getting the follow errors when I tried creating the sample program

"Error 1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall fbxsdk_2013_1::FbxString::FbxString(char const *)" ....
All of the errors are reffering to the LNK2019 error, now I followed the tutorial pretty much to a T and dont understand why its not working.

For the linker I provided Addtional Library Directories with
"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\FBX\FbxSdk\2013.1\lib\vs2008\x64"

where all the libraries live

and then for the Additional Dependancies i entered
fbxsdk-2013.1-mdd.lib and wininet.lib (not sure why it nneeds wininet but the tutorial said to put it so beats me)

Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong?

I must of missed a step I decided to do everything from scratch again and it worked. Go figure 😕
Actually I think it dealt with the fact that my application was Win32, but I was trying to refer to the 64 bit libraries since my machine is 64, I set it to point to the librarys in the x86 directory and its good to go, just incase anyone else has this issue in the future look into that.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks,

I had the same issue. Never dealt with 64 bit program before.

After reading your post it put me on the right path however instead of changing to x86 I change the build settings to 64 bit and linked the x64 .dll. instead and no errors.

you sir are a legend.

Thanks,
Ben
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thank you!

I also had this issue, but it wasn't from linking to the wrong libs, it was because I was missing the fbxsdk-2013.1-mdd.lib (in my case libfbxsdk-md.lib).  I also had to set my additional libs to point to the debug folder (Autodesk\FBX\FBX SDK\2015.1\lib\vs2013\x64\debug\).  I had it only pointing to the x64 directory and it couldn't find the lib until I added \debug.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report