Community
FBX Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FBX Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FBX topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pose issue when importing model

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
obt
Participant
275 Views, 0 Replies

Pose issue when importing model

I have 3 models I have tested my fbx import with:

1. One mesh with a skin deformer
2. Three meshes, each with a skin deformer
3. Five meshes, 4 with each a skin deformer, 1 mesh with no deformers

All deformers have skinning type eRigid and cluster mode eNormalize.

The meshes in the first two models all have identical vertices (from GetControlPoints) as the corresponding vertices in my max plugin. These 2 models imports correctly and animates correctly in my fbx importer.

However, the 3rd model is different. The non-deformed mesh have identical vertices as the vertices in my max plugin, but the four meshes with deformers all have different vertices than the similar vertices in my max plugin.

Further, this last model seems to be in an up standing pose, however with the body parts not connected. Thus this 3rd model does not import and animate correctly in my fbx importer. My max plugin exports this model as standing in the 1st animation key frame.

I have tried to use the geometry matrix (G) and the cluster's GetTransformMatrix (M) to transform the vertices with M*G. My pose and animation matrices thus get multiplied with (M*G).Inverted. This causes the model to be correct connected and in an up standing pose. However, the animations becomes very wrong. And this up standing pose is not what my max plugin exports.

I was trying to see if I could in some way obtain the same vertices for the 4 deformed meshes as the similar vertices in my max plugin, but I did not have any success with this.

Does someone know how to get the same vertices as those in from a max plugin, or does someone know what to do to solve my problem?

Any help on this is very much appreciated.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report