Community
FBX Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FBX Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FBX topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motionbuilder and FBX LOD issue

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
CaptainSteyr
352 Views, 0 Replies

Motionbuilder and FBX LOD issue

I am using FBX as the default animated 3d model format in my engine.  My artists are currently using Maya 2014 and Motionbuilder 2014 to create the model assets.  I am currently using FBX2015.1 to load FBX model files.  The model geometry, texture mapping, and rigging is created in Maya.  Once we figured out that Maya can't create more than one animation take (stack), we began using Motionbuilder to create them.  The problem I am having is that once the models with the extra animation takes exported from Motionbuilder is loaded via the FB SDK, any LOD group information is missing.  We need those LOD group nodes and the meshes defined below them in order to separately render lower detail meshes at further camera distance.  Is the loss of the LOD information a bad export setting in Motionbuilder or bad import setting in FBX?  Is this a deficiency in the modelling tools?  If so, what is the proper pipeline to create FBX models with LOD levels and multiple animation tracks?

Thanks,

Will

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report