Community
FBX Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FBX Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FBX topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max 2014 compiled fbx extensions doesn't work

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
afraidofdark
719 Views, 1 Reply

Max 2014 compiled fbx extensions doesn't work

Hello,

I am trying to run fbx extension sdk sample codes.

* I installed FBX SDK 2014.2.1 and FBX Extensions SDK 2014.2.1

* My 3ds Max fbx plugin version is 2014.0.1 Release (209164)

As told in ReadMe file of extension sdk, I created stdplugs/FBX folder and copied dlls to the folder. But compiled extension plugins don't work. Neither I can debug plugin programs nor they run.

My questions are:

* Is the reason of failure, difference of fbx plugin version and fbx extension sdk ? 

* Where can I find 3ds max 2014 fbx plugin for fbx extension sdk 2014.2.1

* How can I debug extentions ? (I tried to debug them like 3ds max plugins but visual studio 2012 couldn't hit breake point because there wasn't any symbol loaded)

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
bcrooz
in reply to: afraidofdark

Hi,

I had a similar problem with Maya 2014.

My advice:

If Max/Maya uses FBX version 2014.1, then use the FBX SDK / Extensions SDK with the same number.

In my case, I was trying to compile the samples for the FBX Extensions SDK.

The FBX Extensions SDK 2014.1 lib files were for Visual Studio 2010, but I had been using Visual Studio Express 2012, 2013.

Although the samples compiled and were built without error, the sample dll's caused Maya 2014 to crash at start up.

The Fix:

To get the sample dll's to work, I had to install Visual Studio Express 2010 and build the samples with that.

Then, the sample dll's worked with Maya 2014 no problem.

*Note:

You must have the Microsoft Platform SDK installed FIRST before installing Visual Studio Express 2010.

Otherwise you have to uninstall Visual Studio Express 2010 and every instance of the Visual Studio 2010 redistributable, then install the Platform Sdk, then install Visual Studio Express 2010.

If using VS Express 2010 remember : Before building a sample project, right click the project in the solution explorer, select Properties, select General, for Platform Toolset change it from vs100 to the Platform SDK (Windows7.1SDK for me).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report