Community
FBX Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FBX Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FBX topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LoadPluginsDirectory loads all dll's in exe directory = memory fragmentation

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
441 Views, 1 Reply

LoadPluginsDirectory loads all dll's in exe directory = memory fragmentation

Using 2014.2 fbxsdk code if you include the call to LoadPluginsDirectory it will load all the DLL files in the diectory of the exe file, not just available or needed plugins - everything!.  Repeated load of FBX files will eventually lead to memory fragmentation as the DLL's loaded are never closed!  There is no workaround, apart from not using the call to LoadPluginsDirectory .  To test simply compile any real world executable example that loads 1 or more required DLL's for operation from its own EXE directory.  Then iterate through enough loads to get the FBXSDK code to fail. This also failed in earlier SDK versions!  Documentation on the behaviour of this command is not extensive.  IF you get random out of memory after continous loading of files, and or fbxblob errors,  , look no further.  Fix this please, and also fix examples so that they call with fixed parameters to limit the danger of this command.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
iamchenxin
in reply to: Anonymous

I waste a whole weekend in this function Robot Mad

such a bull**** function .

I thought some code i wrote was wrong ,untill traced this LoadPluginsDirectory.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report