Community
FBX Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FBX Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FBX topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading Correct UV's For DirectX

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
568 Views, 2 Replies

Reading Correct UV's For DirectX

Hi Every body
would you please help me with this problem? i'am really stock in this

I'll try to import a fbx file to my engine in order to render with dx11....
so i need a buffer that holds Position,normals,tangents & texCoords..... for each vertex

now i extract every of them correctly accept texcoord 😞

i'am confused why there are (for example) 13 uv's for 8 vertices in a simple cube???

I try to take the first 8UVs and don't care about the rest but i don't get any good result...please help....

also there is picture in attachments

thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Numerator
in reply to: Anonymous

Top to bottom texture coordinates are inverted from FBX to DirectX.

Invert the 'v' of a uv pair like this:

v = 1.0f - v;
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Pedrosharp,

The first thing I'd like to address is your question about the no. of UV's for a cube. It is not actually 13, but 14 UV's. Their id's range from 0 to 13, so you have to count the UV at id 0 as number 1 (In Maya you can see this by running the following command "select -r pCube1.map ;"). Also, as to why there are 14, this is because of the way a cube's UV's are laid out by default. In whichever 3D package you are working, if you open it's respective UV editor, you will see when the cube is laid out flat it needs to have 14 UV's because of the number of seams used in the unfold.

If you address the no. of UV's you are using, perhaps it will help with your problem.

Regards,
Carlos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report