Area :: Header
Now available for Desktop Subscription customers!
Smoke 2015 Extension 1 brings the LUT Editor and Matchbox to the timeline.
Discussion Groups

FBX Plug-ins Import-Export Discussions

sachin joshi

Maya camera film offset

374 Views, 5 Replies
05-19-2010 10:16 PM
Hi,

We are doing a stereoscopic project inside maya, but our fx department doing all the fx in max.
Our stereoscopic department have made the camera with the shift in film offset in x axis.
They used camera film offset under camera attribute rollout.
But when we import it to max, they dont align properly, why? Is the camera film offset function not supported or is there any way around.

Thankyou

Sachin
Please use plain text.
Distinguished Contributor
Numerator

Re: Maya camera film offset

05-22-2010 07:10 PM in reply to: sachin joshi
Are you making sure the units are the same?
Please use plain text.
sachin joshi

05-31-2010 10:09 PM in reply to: sachin joshi
yes the units are same,

the problem is that the right camera have the film offset value of -4, which max dont recognize. but the left camera dont have any offset value. i.e they are set to 0,0 in each axis. so no problem for left camera. but right camera dont match up.
Please use plain text.
Employee
adamst

08-02-2010 02:23 PM in reply to: sachin joshi
Hi,

You're right: Maya's Film Offset values are not exported to FBX and therefore are not importing into 3ds Max. I've attached a spreadsheet we use internally as reference for Camera interop between Maya and FBX, along with the importing into other applications like 3ds Max.

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks.

camerainterop.zip

-Trevor
Please use plain text.
rupeshvpatil

04-09-2012 03:45 AM in reply to: sachin joshi
Hi,

same issue i am also facing, for importing a stereo camera from maya to max , it's giving film offset error warning.. please tell me the solution....

We are doing a stereoscopic project inside maya, but our fx department doing all the fx in max.
Our stereoscopic department have made the camera with the shift in film offset in x axis.
They used camera film offset under camera attribute rollout.
But when we import it to max, they dont align properly, why? Is the camera film offset function not supported or is there any way around.

Thankyou
rupesh patil
Please use plain text.
Distinguished Contributor
CarlosC_1

04-10-2012 06:59 AM in reply to: rupeshvpatil
Hello rupshvpatil!

Unfortunately, there isn't anything we can do since it is a limitation of the plug-in. Perhaps this limitation will be addressed in a future release, but for now there are no immediate plans to fix it.

Perhaps there is a way to correct the offset with a script at the time of import. Once you find the proper values in Max, you could may be able to extrapolate them for any future imports. I cannot say that this is a solution, it is only a suggestion.

Best of luck,
Carlos
Please use plain text.