Community
FBX Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FBX Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FBX topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBX Export Crash

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Pale-Face
861 Views, 0 Replies

FBX Export Crash

SO i posed this on the maya general forum but after reading about another users issue have created a thread here. The problem is as follows:

Hey ive been getting an FBX export crash on maya 2014, and now recently 2015 when exporting files to FBX. moving to LT soon i really need to fix this.

It would happen randomly, sometimes the export would work, after a few more it would crash. I am yet to figure out what is causing it. I did however discover that if I activated the maya paint skinning tool before i exported selection to fbx it wouldnt crash....

based on this do you have any ideas...

as a quick and dirty test I also killed all my preferences (my docs\maya\) and used the default and it looks like this also may have solved it (20 something exports in a row and no crash......) but i have years of scripts and custom settings that i need to keep, I will slowly start removing scripts/settings but im wondering if based on the above you may have an idea what could be casuing the crash? 

obj export works fine 😕

just read the other users post over at ( http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Maya-General/Maya-FBX-issues/td-p/4289738) 

ill try switching it to ascii and examining the files tonight to see if i can discover anything else. will report back soon... 

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report