Community
FBX Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FBX Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FBX topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determining between different textures within a standard binary FBX file

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
jamesbattersby
256 Views, 0 Replies

Determining between different textures within a standard binary FBX file

Hi,

I'm trying to parse* through a standard FBX binary file and the issue I have at the moment is determining what type a texture is. For example, a friend of mine has created a cube with diffuse, specular and normal (bump) map textures - I've been able to find the filenames for the textures but I cannot find any data that helps me identify which is which. I'd rather not come up a naming convention like texturename_diffuse, texturename_specular, etc. nor would I like to write a tool which processes them beforehand and prompts the user to manually indicate which is which.  Can you suggest something that would allow me to automatically do this?

* I'm not using the SDK because I would like to be able to parse the files whilst in "debug mode" on mobile platforms as well as desktop. I plan to create a release version asset file system which is better suited to the engine I'm writing but whilst the game/app is still in development, I would like the artists to be able to manipulate the raw files and seem them appear straight away in the product (rather than having to pre-process them).

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report