Community
FBX Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FBX Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FBX topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3dsmax fbx Animation export yields incorrect animation

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ShredJohnson
489 Views, 1 Reply

3dsmax fbx Animation export yields incorrect animation

I am workignon some sample files to havend out so I nee t have a Maya and 3dsMax version of my file.  Everything was initially done in Maya. I can bring over the skinned character and load up fbx animaitons onto it and it looks fine in 3dsMax. But when I go to export the 3dsmax version with animation on it to fbx. it gets dorked up.  There is motion, but the poses are all messed up and there is lots of joint flipping.

Maya(y-up) -> fbx(y-up)->3dsmax(z-up) -> to fbx(z-up)

its this last fbx step that fails.  I can confirm this 3dsmax export is where it fail because reloading it back into max, fbx review or quicktime show the animation flipping all over the place.  Baking the animation has not helped at all. There is not IK or anything on this rig. It is canned motion 1 key per frame, every bone.  

I havea  deadline to meet so any guidance here would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ShredJohnson
in reply to: ShredJohnson

New information.  I can bring the last stage fbx from 3dsmax back in and is fine.  But it still looks broken in FBX review and Quicktime. So maybe the upaxis isnt being converted properly on all bones?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report