Community
FBX Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FBX Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FBX topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d animation for bake / export

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ayunenordin
268 Views, 1 Reply

3d animation for bake / export

helo, i'm new here...i use 3d max 2010 version..
1. I try to bake for 3d animation, for fbx format...but after i try to open it into my other software the 3d spider animation became two layer and as u can see based on my screen cap, at the end the spider also became seperate into 2 layer.....is it something wrong with my step? i also attach my screen cap so u can check is it correct or not.. please advive..

2. is it export n bake is the same term?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: ayunenordin

Hello need help!

I would need some more information:
A) What is the software that you are importing into?
B) Do you have the latest FBX plug-in? If you have Max 2010, you can download 2012.2 from here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?siteID=123112&id=10775855

Exporting and baking are not the same term. For most keyframes, the plug-in will export without baking from Max. At the same time though, you can choose to bake your animation by going into the options and turning Bake Animation to On. One test you can run is the following. Export your animation from Max as FBX and then re-import that same file back into Max (as new Scene). If your animation is okay, then the problem probably resides with your other software and the way it imports. Depending what the other software is, we may or may not be able to help.

I do not see your screen cap, but even if I did, I don't think I would be able to properly judge if it is correct or not. If you let me know the information I need, and perhaps the exact steps you do, I may be able to give you more precise information. If you stil cannot figure out your problem, you can send me your file and I can test it here.

Regards,
Carlos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report