Community
FBX Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FBX Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FBX topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win 8 Store and Win 7 Versions of FBX Review Stop/Crash

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
Anonymous
4445 Views, 26 Replies

Win 8 Store and Win 7 Versions of FBX Review Stop/Crash

After installing both the Windows 8 Store version and the Windows 7 version on my system, they both crash as soon as I try to open them with no error message. Win7 version closes asking if I want to debug (thanks to Visual Studio installed) and the Win8Store version just closes over to the minimized bar.

I'm really excited to try this out. It sounds like a great tool. Any ideas?

26 REPLIES 26
Message 21 of 27

Do you have an AMD GPU? If you do, have you tried downloading the latest drivers? 

And yes, my mistake on the dwi file. 

Regards,

Carlos

Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
in reply to: Carlos_Carpintero

To fix this issue, at least for the windows 7 version, was to go to the Nvidia control panel -> manage 3D settings -> program settings -> Browse to the FBXReviewer Exe should be Program Files\Autodesk\FBx review. Select your nvidia gpu and click apply. 

Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
in reply to: carlos.carpintero

Hi Carlos,

I am having the same issue with FBX Review crashing before being able to open the FBX File. I am running a HP Elitebook 850 with Intel HD 520 graphics - and yes, I am running the latest graphics driver. See attached screenshot for driver details.

Have already sent an email to fbxreview@autodesk.com but wanted to see if you've found a fix for this?

Thanks,

Nathan

Message 24 of 27
Carlos_Carpintero
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Nathan,

There isn't much we can do for these types of problems.  It seems like there are certain hardware configurations that don't work with FBX Review.  We just had a customer from Japan write in with the a similar problem.  In your case, it could be related to the fact that you have an integrated graphics card instead of a dedicated GP (even though it seems to have DX11). But, I can't know for sure, I base that opinion on the history of problems I've seen come in over the years.

Unfortunately, we are not developing FBX Review anymore, so there is no plan to investigate why it fails to load on some machines.

I'm sorry I can't be of any more help.

Regards,

Carlos

Message 25 of 27
Anonymous

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for the update and understand you're no longer developing this option, so there are limited fixes to the issue.

Just so you know - I think it is more likely an issue with not having a dedicated GPU, as I can run it on my desktop PC without any issues.

Moving forward though - what is Autodesk going to provide as a 'viewer' for FBX files? I work in a business that has only a few copies of 3DS max software, so I need something 'lite' in order to view FBX files for review when speaking with customers.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nathan

Message 26 of 27
Carlos_Carpintero
in reply to: Anonymous

We agree that improving on FBX Review would be interesting and beneficial to everyone.

If we did, what are some of things you'd wish for in a viewer?

Message 27 of 27
Anonymous

Hi Carlos,

Really I'm interested in a simple 'lite' version for the FBX viewer, so that I can review works that are being shared between my company and our clients.

So effectively I would like to see a 'lite' version of 3DS max (or similar) whereby we can see all of the file properties and attributes, switch between views (show/hide skins, layers, etc.) and possibly have adjustment of lighting sources or animations.

I don't need anything more than that really, because my designers will be able to open in the full 3DS max software version.

Hope that makes sense?

Cheers,

Nathan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report