Community
FBX Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FBX Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FBX topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to export blendshapes to FBX

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
petermeindertsma
619 Views, 1 Reply

unable to export blendshapes to FBX

i have a complex animation involving both joint based and blendshape animation. The blendshapes are driven by attributes on a controller which are connected to the blendshape controls. I can export the joint driven animation just fine baking it down, and those animations will transfer, but none of my blendshapes will. I feel i am missing an important step in the export process. allt he check boxes in the deformer section fo the export panel are checked, i've tried using multiple versions of fbx export all the way back to 2006 but i still cannot get the blendshapes to export. I even tried baking the deformation to the mesh itself and no dice. please help.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
lauris47
in reply to: petermeindertsma

Blend shapes won't bake into the mesh if you are exporting to game engine like Unity. It won't work and especially if vortexes are controlled by blend shapes and controllers as those has nothing to do with skeleton bones (which Unity relies on, probably other game engines too). So it only works when moving bone moves skinned geometry.

However if you are expecting slider weights of blend shapes to work in fbx file and they don't (but they do work inside Maya original file) then we have the same problem. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report